Wait List Information
Being on the Wait List can be stressful, so we will do everything that we can to keep you informed about your situation. Know that most of the students on our Wait List will eventually be offered admittance into our program. It is just a matter of time. Please be patient and respectfully persistent, and let the process run its course.
You may contact us to find your position on the Wait List. When you do, we are not allowed to tell you your precise number, but we can tell you if you are in the top, middle, or bottom third of the Wait List. For the 2019-2020 school year, the Wait List for incoming freshmen is 20 pages with 8 names per page.
For each decline that we receive, we will offer a placement for a student from the Wait List. This process begins April 5th (the deadline to accept in the first round of placement by the district), and moves briskly, then halts once our office closes on June 10th for summer recess. It picks up again the third week of July when our coordinator returns and continues until the middle of September, if necessary. For those who are far down on the list but are determined to attend our program, hang in there! Inevitably, there will be students who register, but never attend our school, and so there will be spots available for those willing to wait. We can admit students three weeks into the school year. If you are in the bottom third of the Wait List and are determined to attend even after school begins, be sure to attend the events and do the summer assignment (click HERE for information) in anticipation of being accepted, though we CANNOT guarantee acceptance.
- 9th Grade Enrollment for Fall of 2019: between 240-250 students
- Number of Applications: 450
- Deadline for the first round of applicants to accept or decline: April 5, 2019
- For those students who have applied for 10th, 11th, or 12th grades, we will begin admitting students as soon as we determine how many current students will not be returning, which will be sometime in June.
- The Late List, formerly the “Space Available List,” is the list of students whose applications were turned in after the deadline. In all likelihood, we will not get to those students until August, if at all.
To find your place on the Wait List: call (818)885-2342 or email firstname.lastname@example.org