Dear Magnet Parent and Student:
If you received a letter from LAUSD and Cleveland Humanities Magnet offering you a spot in our program, then welcome to the Class of 2025! We are excited to have you and your child join our unique learning community. If you are on the Wait List, click HERE for information. In order for your child to attend our school, you must do the following:
1. CONFIRM OR DECLINE ACCEPTANCE – Please accept your spot on the LAUSD Magnet Portal to accept/decline your seat in the program AND email me at email@example.com with your decision.
The deadline to ACCEPT OR DECLINE in this first round is April 9, 2021!
2. SUBMIT AN ENROLLMENT PACKET – Download a packet from our website – English or Spanish. Complete it, scan it, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. All incoming students need current, up-to-date vaccination records that can also be scanned and emailed with your enrollment packet.. If you have an IEP or 504, please email it along with your completed Enrollment Packet and vaccination records. If you are new to LAUSD, in addition to the above, we also need proof of residence and a copy of the most recent report card.
The deadline to do this is April 30, 2021!
3. MEET WITH A COUNSELOR – To program your child in classes for fall 2021:
- Our 9th grade Magnet counselors, Ms. Delondi, Ms. Howe, and Ms. Morales will be programming students via Zoom. Every family MUST attend a counseling session to ensure you understand the options available to your child.
- Registration for Zoom sessions will be emailed to when dates are determined.
4. SAVE THE DATES:
- Because much is in the air, please be aware that we hold the following events leading up to the beginning of the school year.
- Magnet Welcome Mixer, 5:30-7:30 PM
- “Smart Start” Summer Bridge Program (optional), 9:00-12:30 PM
- Freshman Orientation, 8:30-1:00 PM
- Dates will be emailed as soon as they become available
5. REVIEW THE SUMMER ASSIGNMENT – The 9th grade summer assignment is due the first day of school, August 2021 and can be found by clicking HERE after May 21st.
6. FINALIZE TRANSPORTATION – If you qualify for transportation (you must live outside a five-mile radius of the school), the LAUSD Transportation Office will contact you beginning August 1st regarding drop-off and pick-up locations and times. For inquires, contact the Transportation Office at (818) 709-5697 at the beginning of August.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Call us : (818) 885-2342
Email us: email@example.com