Dear Magnet Parent and Student:
If you received an email from LAUSD offering you a spot in the Cleveland Humanities Magnet program, then welcome to the Class of 2027! We are excited to have you and your child join our unique learning community. If you are on the Wait List, click HERE for information. In order for your child to attend our school, you must do the following:
1. CONFIRM OR DECLINE ACCEPTANCE – Please accept your spot on the LAUSD Magnet Portal to accept/decline your seat in the program AND email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (818) 885-2342 with your decision.
The deadline to ACCEPT OR DECLINE the spot is April 14, 2023!
2. SUBMIT AN ENROLLMENT PACKET – Download a packet from our website – English or Spanish. Complete it, scan it, and email it to email@example.com. All incoming students need current, up-to-date vaccination records that can also be scanned and emailed with your enrollment packet.. If you have an IEP or 504, please email it along with your completed Enrollment Packet and vaccination records. If you are new to LAUSD, in addition to the above, we also need proof of residence and a copy of the most recent report card.
The deadline to do this is April 21, 2023!
3. MEET WITH A COUNSELOR – To program your child in classes for fall 2023:
- Our 9th grade Magnet counselors, Ms. Delondi, Ms. Howe, and Ms. Morales will be programming students at our feeder middle schools (Arsmstrong, Holmes, Lawrence, Nobel, Northridge, Porter, Portola, Walter Reed).
- For students not who do not attend a feeder middle school or are absent on the day the counselor is there, they will attend either an in-person or Zoom session with counselors. More information to come.
4. UPCOMING EVENTS:
Please be aware that we hold the following events leading up to the beginning of the school year.
- COREchella, May 20, 2023
- Magnet Welcome Mixer, Date TBD, 5:30-7:30 PM, Date TBD
- “Smart Start” Summer Bridge Program (optional), July 31 – August 3, 2023, 9:00-12:30 PM
- Freshman Orientation, Date TBD, 8:30 AM – 1:00 PM
Dates will be emailed as soon as they become available.
5. REVIEW THE SUMMER ASSIGNMENT – The 9th grade summer assignment is due the first day of school, August 14, 2023 and can be found by clicking HERE after June 9, 2023.
6. FINALIZE TRANSPORTATION – If you qualify for transportation (you must live outside a five-mile radius of the school), the LAUSD Transportation Office will contact you beginning August 1st regarding drop-off and pick-up locations and times. For inquires, contact the Transportation Office at (818) 709-5697 at the beginning of August.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Call us : (818) 885-2342
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cleveland Humanities Magnet
8140 Vanalden St., Reseda, CA 91335